Castle Crashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starcraft 2

+4
Ramsus88
Elio
ellis
narky
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

starcraft 2 Empty starcraft 2

Post  narky Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 am

ive been playing 2s with this guy on my frisbee team and we are currently 3-0.
also i need to watch the day 9 videos and finish this long game that will sent me.

andy seems to be the closest of us to diamond. good luck ramsus

1-0 in my placement matches.

my frisbee team is also going to challenge florida. 4 diamonds and one is rank 1, i think we got it.

p.s. i feel like i should play terran because its more noob friendly. but fuck terran because the protoss and zerg units are way cooler.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

starcraft 2 Empty Re: starcraft 2

Post  ellis Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:51 am

Zerg units are cool, but they're way bad at almost everything. I feel like their units are too specialized and phoenix rush from Protoss just destroys your observers.

Protoss is fun because their special allows you to pump out units super quickly.

Terran is just boring, but Reaper rush is so brutal on some maps. I have the most trouble countering them as Protoss just because I don't know their units.

I would recommend everyone play on random just so you know what everyone's buildings and units do/look like. It'll really help you get the fundamentals down.

ellis

Back to top Go down

starcraft 2 Empty I've been assigned to hype this...

Post  Elio Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:00 pm

Hayden Roche thinks it would be really cool to play qxc, so Markham, tell qxc that CitizenSnips wants a challenge.

I played a bunch of Zerg at first which was fun but I was so bad. Protoss are a lot more friendly so I'm trying to get good with them but still lack a bunch of micro fundamentals.
Elio
Elio

Back to top Go down

starcraft 2 Empty macro

Post  Ramsus88 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:20 am

Macro is the most important thing to learn, regardless of race. Ellis, are you really having trouble with reapers as protoss? Reapers are horrible vs stalkers, just do a basic gate core opening(9 pylon, 12/13 gate, 14 assimilator, 18 core) and get a stalker out, it will rock any reapers they send. I have never lost a game v terran if they go reaper. Reaper rush vs zerg is p strong though, watch morroW vs idra IEM finals to see awesome reaper use

I'm working on diamond but I'm not ready yet, macro skills still aren't natural enough for me yet
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  brooks13 Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah, make sure you save enough energy to chronoboost the stalker out, a quick reaver will come before a stalker. Also I saw a guy do a dirty trick where he used his scouting probe to block the barracks drop because when they need to add a tech lab they have to lift it up and then replace it, so if you can follow it around under it with your probe they cant start building on it which should give you enough time to get out your stalker. Just do this if you see them go early gas.

Also, I played one of markhams friends, but it was before i fixed my computer so it could run SC once i got past one or two bases (it couldnt handle that many units for some stupid reason). He powned me the first game, but the second game I went carriers to counter his stalkers and he moved in with a stalker/sentry/collossi army that freaked my shit out cause he had 4 hallucinated collossi, but as the battle started i got out my mothership for the win. Huge powns. I couldn't watch the battle cause my comp couldnt handle it so i had to see it on replay lol.

Anyways my computer died, but im wiping the harddrive once i get my recovery disks in the mail, it should be better by the end of next week and you and i can play a game andy.

WTF ARE YOU GUYS SAYING TERRAN IS BORING? Have you tried microing with fucking hellions dumbasses, or using siege tanks properly? so much fun. Plus yamamoto cannons are SiCk

brooks13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm down, better be prepared for some 4gate pwnage. I've never used hallucinate before but thinking about it it could be really tight for tech feints. Drop a hallucinated colossus in your army and watch him mass vikings while you get a gigantic stalker army up
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:25 pm

qxc said he gets requests all day to play and barely ever can with randos. but maybe citizensnipes will have a special place in his heart.

also i beat will in a 1v1
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

starcraft 2 Empty awesome pvz korean game

Post  Ramsus88 Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Toss could've been better but the zerg player was fucking awesome. Seriously awesome nydus networking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbXyZpsUYA
also the commentator isn't good enough to handle this game imo, too much shit going on for him.
Tech counter aren't as important as ppl make them out to be, as long as you're defending and pushing at good times and using the map well and macroing well it doesn't matter if you don't have the perfect counters. I think this game is a p good example of that as the toss player did damn well against units that the commentator thinks he should do badly against. HD is a good play by play commentator but just can't do any strategic analysis or get down to the finer points of the game.
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

starcraft 2 Empty tight / question

Post  jaingo Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:28 am

that game was legit - what stuff do you think HD misses while casting the game?
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:31 am

another person on the frisbee team just got into diamond league.
and is in first.
kinda crazy, i think the rankings system is a bit broken.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 am

I mean, he just doesn't talk about timings with buildings and units a lot, or looks at good resource management and sometimes misses some small skirmishes that i noticed on the minimap. I just never feel like he informs me of any tactical insights into why one player has the advantage or not. Things like that. He's not bad, just not great. I started watching the Korean tournament and the 2 english casters are just reeally knowledgeable about the game and even the players different playstyles so maybe i'm just spoiled
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:53 pm

also, all of the school computers at harvey mudd have starcraft 2 secretly hidden on them so we played in one of their computer labs last night and the game runs like butter even in 4v4s. we went 4-2 in our 4v4s. reaper rushes are the only thing that killed us. they are so fucking good early game with that many players.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 am

yea i hate reapers. They are getting a slight nerf in the next patch though, +5 build time
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:52 am

anyone know why its so much harder to get high ranks in team games than in single player

i went 4-1 in 4v4s and 4-1 in 3v3s with some friends at school and both times we got put into silver.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:00 am

OH MY GOD i dont understand the rankings in starcraft 2. me and a friend just went 9-2 in 2v2s in the mudd lab and we were legit ranked 100 in bronze. wtf. you literally cant get a worse ranking and we were destroying kids. shits fucked up. im pretty fucked up right now too
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:37 am

It's a point system, I don't know exactly how it works for team games but in 1v1 it's pure points except when it comes to moving in and out of leagues
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  The Original Pegasus Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:32 pm

fifth in bronze, hoping to move straight up to diamond

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:54 pm

just threw down the gauntlet for real on college ultimate. let them whisper in ages to come of the destruction cole is about to encounter
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:07 pm

anybody not using their account much that i could use to practice other races? I tried doing random 2v2 to practice zerg and terran but it's just so different from 1v1 and I just can't handle terran and zerg mid-late game atm so 1v1 plat is out of the question
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:19 pm

narky
narky

Back to top Go down

starcraft 2 Empty Lame

Post  Elio Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:06 pm

If anyone was wondering, MacRae still marine balls. He's gotten super efficient at it and it's easy to repel at the beginning, but he doesn't care because he gets sixty and then stims and wrecks. I lost to it three times but I'm determined to beat it. I didn't use infestors at all or banelings very effectively; I think those are my keys to success.
Elio
Elio

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:05 pm

lol. Macrae needs to diversify his strat

and yea, a good baneling attack would rock his marine ball. Make sure lings are attacking first so they can take some blows for the banes. And you don't need to attack move the banes, just order them to move behind the marine ball
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:06 pm

i havent been playing much recently but managed to get into gold and could probably cheese into plat (my 2 gate is the shit although i havent been using it really).

had a bad dream that i was playing zerg
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:30 pm

yea i haven't been playing much either, but i had a dream last night where i was keeping terran missile turrets in the trunk of my car

specialjack

Back to top Go down

starcraft 2 Empty patch 1.2 possible changes

Post  Ramsus88 Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:37 am

They are currently testing these changes
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

so many protoss buffs I could cry ='D
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content