Castle Crashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recent stuff

+4
narky
jaingo
The Original Pegasus
specialjack
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

recent stuff Empty recent stuff

Post  specialjack Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:33 pm

I like the new forum, seems to be working well.
Just had the sophomore retreat, which was ok. I had a good group and we did some fun stuff like climb a mountain. We did that and camped for a few days and then on the last day rafted the Natahala, which was sort of boring. Got sick on the last day, which sucked.
After I got off the bus at school from that Shaw picked me up and we drove to Chatanooga for Shawn Adams. It was pretty fun, we were low on numbers, only having 11 saturday and 9/10 sunday. We lost all our games saturday, one on universe against dirty south. Sunday we won one and lost one. Everyone played decent, at the end there were a lot of mistakes since everybody was tired.
Starcraft - should have a big bonus pool since I haven't played in awhile. I'm at like 7 in bronze right now and I'm hoping to move up soon. Hayden just moved up to middle of diamond, which is tight. Kind of wish I played zerg, but I'll stick with protoss for awhile. I'm not sure how long you have to be at the top to move up, i don't think hayden was there for that long, but will k. has been at the top of bronze for awhile and hasn't. What leagues are everyone in?

specialjack

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty recent stuff but better than jack's recent stuff

Post  The Original Pegasus Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:41 pm

The Sophomore retreat was fun for a while, namely the camping, but my counselors kind of sucked so that definitely took away from the experience. We made it to the top of this sweet mountain after a five hour hike on the second day and that was pretty fun. Nantahala rafting was noob and boring.
Shawn Adams was pretty fun, it was my first tournament since May (excluding nutc) and I'm super excited for the spring. We dirked it a lot (1-6) and shaw/ryan are huge assets, but like i said i had fun it didn't matter too much to me how we did. Also bittersweet how that was probably my (our?) last tournament with Mammoth. Not looking forward to school Tuesday but having Labor Day off is tight. Also same question as Jack, how does moving up leagues work?

p.s. nicky and markham, are either of you going to Sectionals?

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty Dragon Man Shooting Range

Post  jaingo Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:35 pm

Today i went to this thing called Dragon Man where one weekend a year a bunch of gun enthusiasts and manufacturers let you shoot crazy ass guns - i shot a m16, AK-47, 50 cal sniper, m4 w/ suppressor, and an m60 (i think). The 50 cal sniper was huge and really fun to shoot, it ripped through the wooden targets and had some serious kick. The crazy part was how easy it was just to empty a mag on the machine guns. There were probably like 80 people there when we were and we waited in a small line next to Chris Anderson (Denver Nuggets center) and his friend and watched them shoot a bunch of crazy guns. It was tight to see them full auto dual pistols. A couple notes - guns are loud, it was nice getting the ear plugs and the big ear cover things that helicopter pilots wear. It was also crazy seeing little kids shoot machine guns and laugh - they really like guns. There were so many guns here - they had one that shot a shell that was approx 2 feet long, it was sooo loud. We helped a guy set up an old canon type thing and he let us shoot some of his guns for free which was tight. Overall i spent about 60 bucks and it was totally worth it. There were a bunch of shot up cars and signs as you enter - one had a female mannequin all shot up and the sign said - this woman tried to make dragon man pay child support. pretty ridiculous group. one had a guy in a suit and it said this guy gave dragon man a check that bounced. PICTURES
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty more pictures

Post  jaingo Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:53 pm

just put more up - including the like 5 year old girl shooting, and pics of the 50 cal
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty In Dallas

Post  jaingo Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:36 pm

Hey guys,
if you haven't heard Tanasi made nationals!!!!! So awesome! 2/2 on games to go in Austin TX! Anyhow it was super fun and we beat these florida douchebags called Vicious Cycle and they had barely beaten us earlier in the tournament - in the game to go they never broke us and we played really solid. It was super fun - i have major sunburn and GAOUA!!! we made nationals.

So I also decided to go to Dallas to spend time with my mom who is sick (cancer in the liver&breast) so I chilled in Austin on Sunday night got drunk with Gray/Eliot/CB and then took a greyhound here on Monday. Things are ok here, mom isn't stoked about being totally dependent on kathy/family for housing/money but she has started taking chemo pills (awesome!) and supposedly one doctor said 50% chance of it being effective which is way higher than I had heard in the past - anyhow I chilled with Jeffrey some last night (my cousin) and he has the sickest game room - no windows full surround sound, xbox360 with halo reach, COD MW 2, and a bunch of other games and the dopest headset. Anyhow I dogged out some reach (got raped with the new weapons and power ups which i didn't know how to use) and the crashed at my uncle's house. Now I'm staying with mom and kathy (her friend) and just going to chill here for a while. My plan now is to kick it here in dallas till the 21st of october, head back to colorado for a week, then fly to nationals.
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty Re: recent stuff

Post  narky Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:32 pm

yah nationalsssss! its going to be the shit. sorry i havent been posting, been out of town for a few days. but yah regionals was amazing and qualifying for nationals was super fun. fuck florida ultimate those guys are cheaters and we still won.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty whoa..

Post  specialjack Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:02 pm

just realized I haven't been logged in for the last 2-3 weeks and therefore all of the posts made in that time didn't show up on the blog for me because of it...

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:23 pm

yo quick updates.

-making really good progress with art class girl, think ima ask her out this week
-hit my first home run in beer league (day drinking saturdays of baseball). team swift is the only undefeated team left.
-last person to die in the final mission of human versus zombies, but rocked it up until then. zombies won with one minute left (we had to hold them off for 15)
-soccer team finally won some games so my suite is way happier now
-vegas this weekend for fall break!
-nationals in a few weeks
-need to do more work on my thesis
-quit halo reach
-eliot comes tomorrow
-busy as tits until after 4 on wednesday (eliot how long you staying for)

what everyone else up to. pretty much the only person i keep in good contact with is nicky (phone/gchat) and kindof eli (facebook chat). post your shiiiiiit this took 129 seconds, i timed it.

also, cross continental skype/ichat/drinking at some point?!
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty stuff goin down

Post  The Original Pegasus Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:15 pm

-Fall Break just started and we're off until Monday, much needed sc2 and research paper time
    -Tanasi scrimmage versus Vandy at Balch's request, should be fun
    -PSAT is tomorrow, it doesn't count for anything sophomore year, which is pretty cool
    -Punch Brothers last Saturday were awesome
    -sucks that all of our senior friends are off on college visits, have fun at Stanford/Claremont
    -nationals, psyched

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Fall break tomorrow after the PSATs. I'm going to Texas to chill with my mom and Nicky, should be a lot of fun. Scrimmaging Vandy tomorrow night, which should be also be super fun. Nationals is coming up, I'm really pumped. We should get Will (Spiva) to post on this at least once. A few of my friends started playing minecraft, I'm tempted to start.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Don't do it Jack, it will eat your life at first. I've escaped temporarily but once the October update comes (huge update, new realm, biomes, new monsters, etc) I'll be sucked back in. Luckily my exams will have ended the previous week so I should be fine

And by don't do it I mean do it. I built a floating island =D

also we def have to play if they get multiplayer survival mode running. We'll just have to find a way to get a small server going (Andrew's desktop...? =)
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:41 pm

fall break is on and awesome. really heavy work week right before, huge macro test that i think i did decently on. hope stanford was fun eliot.
going to vegas this weekend! hoping to get really drunk with all my friends and not lose too much money or get killed.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty Fall Break

Post  sam Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:36 pm

I went with some fraternity brothers, girls and rushes, to a lake house near Athens, GA, in which we just spent thursday-sunday hanging out and partying. It was great. The days were incredible. The weather was perfect, so we could chill on the enormous lawns, and in the pool. The nights were also tight, but never let this many college students (60ish) into your home, they will destroy everything. Also went into Athens friday night to go bar hopping, which was fun. Vandy got crushed by UGA though.
sam
sam

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:34 pm

sounds amazing/house devastating, sam.

went to vegas for fall break.
- on the drive down me and the other two non drivers finished a 30 rack. perfect amount of time to chill and have a great time before it becomes too long of a ride. played the prius miles per gallon drinking game.
- went to a 30$ champagne brunch at the mirage, which was on of the best meals of my life. ate and drank well over 100 $ worth of food/drink. had probably 14 glasses of good champagne. went and gambled right after making about 80 dollars. one of my friends blacked out post brunch and doesnt remember losing about 50 bucks hahah Sad
- stayed at the same hotel zach and i were at when we went in 8th grade. vegas was slightly different this time.
- at one point i had been losing money and put 45 on the table, and instantly got blackjack. doesnt sound that epic, but at the time it was, given the whole crew that was playing/watching/cheering eachother on.
- ended up making about 100. one of the guys made 1500.
- legendary hangover for the next few days after the trip.

narky
narky

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty dallas w/ jack

Post  jaingo Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Been in Dallas for 3ish weeks and it's been rough - my mom is a little crazy, and doing chemo, and some xanax for anxiety and her friend kathy is drunk like after 9pm - but she's a nice drunk - but anyhow they don't do much and it was pretty boring, but it was good to go down there.

anyhow jack came down last thursday, and I went to the far airport 30ish minutes to pick will up, but can't find him, get the airport to page him, but its really quiet and he is deaf so I thought he probably didn't hear it. After about 25mins I start considering the possibility he didn't make the flight (which I thought about before but tried to ignore and give him the benefit of the doubt). Anyhow I go to the flight kiosk and the lady checks it and finds him and she's like sorry I can't divulge passenger flight info. I went a little nuts and then she said, "If I were you, I wouldn't hang around." I thanked her, then bailed. Will missed his flight (he thought it was the next day... idiot. Dad had texted him like 4/5 times to check his flight info within the last week). Anyhow b/c will didn't come I couldn't get wasted and go out. Jack and I still had a good time though.

We did nothing for the first day/night - mainly played minecraft and chilled (I finished wire season 2) and then we went to the lake with mom and kathy but the boat was stuck in mud. Jack lost a distance throwing comp into the lake and let both discs sink b/c he's a biatch and couldn't take the cold water.

Later we bought seasons 1 and 2 of its always sunny and a D2 battlechest and played through act 1 on hardcore (jack died 2x against normal minions...)

Anyhow I'm a little worried about will - he sounds okay on the phone but he missed his flight and hasn't posted ever... and has said he will. Coke habit? jk, but seriously he should be posting more
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty oh yeah

Post  jaingo Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:38 pm

nikki gurley and I are back together. Don't know if I posted about this. Think I'm happy about it. Being apart was really lame/stressful and this isn't. She's coming down to sarasota for nationals and her dad is sending her a sweet camera to take photos with so we should have some tight shots. ps we have pony and machine in our pool - can't wait.
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

Post  The Original Pegasus Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:16 pm

How was the second season of The Wire?
Machine picked up Russell Wallack, the Amherst alum who coached us at NUTC and remembers you for your epic clap spike at pCup; here's your chance to solidify your reputation for this guy as the biggest asshole in ultimate, just kidding, but it'd be hilarious. Jack mentioned the D2 sesh, D3 is supposed to drop in December/January but who knows. Hope your mom is doing well, see you in Sarasota.

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty things since dallas or so

Post  specialjack Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:55 pm

I don't think I ever posted about Dallas, but yea Nicky pretty much summed it up. I don't really understand how Joanna let him miss the flight, kind of disappointing... Since then been sort of busy with school. Got a flu shot yesterday and had a bad reaction or something to it so I got pretty sick, which is pretty lame.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty Oh also...

Post  specialjack Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:00 pm

Pretty much in the first 5 minutes of getting to the lake Nicky and I decide to play a game where we both huck the frisbees that we had (we had one that Nikki mailed him and one wam-o) as far out into the lake as we could and whoever's is shorter has to swim out and get them. We played that game with Eli in california but it was the ocean. Pretty much we both huck and Nicky beats me by a little and they both immediately sink. Nicky tried to pretend that we had time to get them, but there was no way. Then he dragged me out into the lake later to try and search for them hoping to like scan the bottom of this huge ass lake until we found them. Anyway we just ended up playing less frisbee and more minecraft because of it so it was w/e.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 pm

jacks last post is brilliant. such a good compliment to nicky's side of the story.

so amped for natties. if you spike it on russell wallack i will die laughing.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Original Pegasus Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:45 pm

People needa post!

-This past Sunday was the last show of Cabaret; I was customs officer #2 but Jesse was a main char, she killed it every night
-Community service day was today, i went to the Campus for Human Development/Room in the Inn place, it was pretty fun
-My research paper for AP Euro is due in a week, don't know how that's going to turn out
-We're doing winter conditioning stuff for frisbee, which includes Wednesday night 3v3 in the gym
-Mock Trial begins Thursday I can't wait
-Some people are getting together Thursday night at the Shofners' to watch Alex's documentary air on ESPN

Hit me back! What is everyone up to? Did Markham as that girl out?

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

recent stuff Empty So much shit to write about

Post  jaingo Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Ultimate Club Championships - were awesome except would have been tight to win one or two more - like pull a southpaw and make quarters. fuckers. saturday night was awesome. 500 in the ocean was great. just a terrific weekend.

Fright Flight - costume tournament in Fort Collins, mixed club mainly, we were roller derby team - knee pads, leggings, helmets, gloves, etc. we got 3rd and beat losing on universe in semis and we beat the team that won in pool play on saturday - 36 teams total - pretty sweet for CC.

Red Chili Fest - this last weekend in Albuquerque - we split squads and my split squad won it all pretty handily (13-6) in the finals against a team that beat our other split squad by 2 in the semis. I didn't have much athleticism on my team, so we ran a man on handlers and zone downfield or vice versa for most of the tournament and it straight crushed teams once our guys got it down. It was pretty smothering against ho stacks. It was super fun. They have a restaurant called the frontier which is incredible.

Right now I'm in Politics of the Legal Process which is whatever mainly filled with dumb people (lots of freshmen) - but we have cool readings on current shit such as the videogame law suit in front of the Supreme Court - check out info here - I don't think it really matters - aka minors aren't getting 'deviantly violent' videogames now unless its illegally b/c of ESRB ratings - aka why jack couldn't get Diablo 2.

Super busy this block with Honor Council recruiting / interviews and updating the constitution which is just slow and hard to get people to change, campuses change so slowly. Also still working on getting teacher rating website up with my friend Lisa similar to pomona's. And we are applying for 5Ultimate sponsorship so we have to make a video this week - even though we probly won't get the sponsorship. Anyhow pretty busy. Also the litmag stuff - production weekend coming in 2 weeks and another tournament this weekend in Albuquerque. Think I might not play because of knee pain / bumps below knee - just going to chill on my knees till like next semester maybe.

Keep posting, I'm going to try to do roughly 1 a days - will is a little bitch for not posting
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Just watched Alex's documentary on ESPN, which was awesome. Natties was awesome. It was a really fun experience even w/ limited pt and definitely made me want to go back as soon as I can. I had community service day recently, which was pretty fun. I went to this guy's farm and helped rake/weed/play with goats and stuff. We just started this 3v3 league type thing with 4 teams (all USN kids). My team, which Eli is on, went undefeated at the first night and is kind of OP. It's really fun though and going to be good for freshman. Don't know if anyone heard about/got to go to Cabaret, but it was really good.

Keep posting!

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:16 pm

alex's documentary was sick, im glad that it actually aired on real tv. pretty impressive for his first film.

school is still awesome. need to buckle down and finish my thesis though. the big acapella show at school went well. 2,500 people came and watched in this massive theatre. my group (the shades) killed it. ton of fun to preform in front of that many people and i also had one of the solos. great night. hung out with nicola for a few hours last night. its been fun, need to figure that out.

@ edward - i'm unsure about what i will do next year. options are job, grad school, start a company or travel.

narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next