Castle Crashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

recent stuff

+4
narky
jaingo
The Original Pegasus
specialjack
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: recent stuff

Post  The Original Pegasus Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 pm

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty me

Post  Elio Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:20 am

Yeah USN life is wild... I applied non-binding to Yale. I got top 10 in this legit math contest out of UTK and won a scholarship there (Will Knowles got one last year; neither of us will use them). This is my rough month for college apps; I've got to have five colleges done and the Robertson Scholarship stuff by December 1. I've got a pretty good start and Dr. Wheeler is being helpful with all my essays, but some of them aren't easy.

Community Service Day was the bomb. I got to go to a Head Start (actually, the one right next to Dudley Park. I thought I saw Josiah's car in the lot...). Plus we actually got to play with the kids. Some Head Starts were better prepared and had work for the people to do but they just threw us in with the kids. I don't think it made a huge impact on their lives to have me and Josh Hartley play with them for a day, but it was so much fun. I love playing with little kids; I imagine it would be stressful to be a preschool teacher, but it would be neat to volunteer with little kids.

Me and Josh are going strong. We hung out more this weekend than we have in a while and it was great.

Jake Wright's birthday party was awesome. It was at Brentwood Skate center and Jesse brought me will, will, josh and daniel. It was super fun but I do not want to go skating again for years. It was all great except there was some asshole there who's not quite, but practically, Gibbs's boyfriend. Fuck that. Also I'm really bad at skating.

USN Frisbee looks like it's on a really good foot. We had serious conditioning sessions which I've actually never seen and it's only November. Eli's little indoor concoction was so much fun and gives us a chance to work on our quick handling game. There's a whole crop of Freshmen that I can't wait to make good.

Slidiots?
Elio
Elio

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:14 pm

haha eli, how did you find that, i didnt even know where it was. wish you guys could have actually seen it though, acapella is way better live that when recorded. one of the groups sang the legend of the guardians theme song, my friends went crazy

did you guys get jake good with the doll? you should have straight up fought ray for the rights to gibbs.

narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  sam Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:57 pm

damn eliot I wish I knew you were going to Jake's party. Also Wish I remembered about it in general. I've been sick though, so shouldn't have gone anyway.
sam
sam

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:32 pm

was anyone else kindof disappointed by the new Harry Potter? I had a great time because I went to an IMAX showing at 3am with a group of guys jacked up on four loko, but it was also kindof a bad movie. despite emma watson being amazingly attractive, I just wasnt feeling the magic. but, again it was still a really fun time, i just wish that the HP movies could have reached LOTR status, but they never did.

in other news, been writing my thesis a lot. not coming back for thanksgiving but will be there over christmas the whole time and am really excited for that.
wisest wizard party last night in honor of hp (where stack your beers into a staff) and my hall all managed to become wise wizards (getting it to go above your head).

I am going to be 22 years old tomorrow, which is awesome and strange. I like getting older, but 22 is the first of the birthdays they say you dont enjoy, the run of years you start to feel old. but whatever, im pumped.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:43 am

thesis be crazy. 12 hours in the library so far today. its actually kindof relaxing if that makes any sense.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  The Original Pegasus Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:34 pm

Working on my research paper in the Vandy stacks was the shit.

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty so coooold

Post  jaingo Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 am

it snowed... we had practice on an ice field today... so cold. moving shit indoors this week.

in mexican american literature and its pretty whatever - got a depressed lesbian teacher

can't wait to go skiing - hopefully sometime this week!
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty lollege

Post  Elio Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:40 pm

I've submitted well over half of my college applications including the non-commonapp one and the scholarship with six essays. It feels awesome.
Elio
Elio

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty help

Post  specialjack Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:05 pm

Any tips on where to start learning about programming? There's a class that I can't take because it's only first semester that talks about programming with Java, but I could look through the textbook. And one of my friends sent me an online thing about using Ruby. Anyone have tips on where to start? I know Andy has been doing a lot of programming stuff, but I'm not sure how much other people know.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  ellis Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:07 pm

Recently found out about Stackoverflow.com

If you're gonna be doing programming, I'd join it anyway. Very very helpful community. A couple of nights ago I stayed up till 6am trying to get rid of this segmentation fault (fuck you C!). It would have been 10 am if it weren't for them. If you ask them, I'm sure they'll give you some great resources that would have been nearly impossible to find otherwise. Plus, then when you're taking programming classes you can go there and ask for help

Tl;dr: join stackoverflow.com - they know everything

EDIT: I'd also just see if there are any free books on googe books that aren't too old. I find most cs books are understandable. I'd try to find you one but my iPhone doesn't load google books pages very quickly.

EDIT2: first hit on google is stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/75102/best-java-book-you-have-read-so-far

ellis

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty 2022

Post  The Original Pegasus Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:26 pm

The Original Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:36 pm

specialjack wrote:Any tips on where to start learning about programming? There's a class that I can't take because it's only first semester that talks about programming with Java, but I could look through the textbook. And one of my friends sent me an online thing about using Ruby. Anyone have tips on where to start? I know Andy has been doing a lot of programming stuff, but I'm not sure how much other people know.

http://diveintopython3.org/

this is a pretty good place to start. Then Effective Java and Effective C++ if you want to learn those languages
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:00 pm

ignore what i said about the Effective books, you actually need to know the basics of the lang for those. uh i think C++ primer is good for beginner C++. I can find a good beginner java book if you really want to learn that or just look on your own. They are all decent, just some are better than others
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:02 pm

lol ops, ignore what i said about the python one too.

but Learning Python is a good python book

if you guys want the ebooks i can download them and send em to you
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

ellis wrote:Recently found out about Stackoverflow.com

If you're gonna be doing programming, I'd join it anyway. Very very helpful community. A couple of nights ago I stayed up till 6am trying to get rid of this segmentation fault (fuck you C!). It would have been 10 am if it weren't for them. If you ask them, I'm sure they'll give you some great resources that would have been nearly impossible to find otherwise. Plus, then when you're taking programming classes you can go there and ask for help

Tl;dr: join stackoverflow.com - they know everything

EDIT: I'd also just see if there are any free books on googe books that aren't too old. I find most cs books are understandable. I'd try to find you one but my iPhone doesn't load google books pages very quickly.

EDIT2: first hit on google is stackoverflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/75102/best-java-book-you-have-read-so-far

Wow thanks a ton. Already got four or five answers in around half an hour.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:41 am

want to post about this epic weekend, but need to lock the forums first and still havent figured it out. one night could have been a sitcom
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:50 pm

uh, doesn't locking a forum make it so you can't post anymore?

Do you mean making it more secure? Do people not need moderator approval to join/view the forum?
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  ellis Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:54 pm

Pretty sure he means like our old blog that was locked from people looking at it unless they were invited from the start/not allowing more people to sign up for it.

This site might not allow that? I dunno.

ellis

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty bright + fun to read

Post  jaingo Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:45 pm

film criticism / thoughts slant
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty poor dexter...

Post  jaingo Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:38 pm

MICHAEL C. HALL AND JENNIFER CARPENTER - star on Dexter of course as brother and sister, but IRL have been married for the past 2 years. Now they’re getting divorced. That should be comfortable for next season. They should make her still sleep with him to ease the transition. Look honey, do you wanna be an actress or not? (ew)

-wwtdd
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Dude in the 5th season the main guy from hackers is in dexter, it's awesome.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

recent stuff - Page 2 Empty college,

Post  Elio Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm in it
Elio
Elio

Back to top Go down

Post  jaingo Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:04 pm

went skiing today at monarch (where i have my season pass) and it was awesome!!!!! super powdery, and snowing all day long, and not too cold. twas awesome, think i might go tomorrow as well...
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:42 pm

back at school and its awesome.
excited about frisbee again, the team has a good vibe right now and i think we have a shot at winning the division three national championships.
finally realizing how close i got to people at school, crazy that this is the last semester with most of them. gonna be a blast though.
game theory is the class i am most excited about. definitely an interesting subject.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next