Castle Crashers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

video games

+4
ellis
specialjack
narky
Ramsus88
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

video games Empty video games

Post  Ramsus88 Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:33 pm

other than starcraft 2

This game looks reeeally tight. An actual horror game, not just a dark, jumpy action game (eg RE5, Dead Space)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHPwAvrc_U
looks super scary, ill probably dl the demo soon
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

video games Empty Re: video games

Post  narky Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:02 pm

that looks like it could be really sweet. hopefully the lack of lighting is awesome and not just a bother.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:53 pm

halo reach comes out on the 14th, which should be awesome. haven't been playing many video games since starcraft came out.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:08 pm

narky wrote:that looks like it could be really sweet. hopefully the lack of lighting is awesome and not just a bother.

well apparently you can hide from monsters in the darkness, but the longer you stay in the darkness the more your sanity cracks which makes your screen do weird shit and makes it harder to control your character. Sounds like the game really tries to fuck with you psychologically
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  ellis Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:44 am

I signed up for gamefly this summer because I wanted to work my way through the important PS3 titles that had come out since I have hardly played any.

Games I've gotten and played this summer:
1. God of War 3 - It was another God of War 3. Button mashing, gore, and yelling: (Insert Greek God's name here)

2. Demon's Souls - Classic hack/slash/block game. One of the reasons people like is it's difficulty, but it just wasn't challenging so much as boring/cheap. The poor explanation of what to do didn't help.

3. Heavy Rain - This was a really cool game. It's more of a story than a game, but you're also constantly playing (Unlike Metal Gear Solid's four hours of cut-scenes). It's pretty short though. Jess and I started playing through it one morning and finished it early that evening. It's a fun one to pass back and forth to see people's decisions. For example, I kept telling her that we (playing as the female character in the game) probably shouldn't accept the drink from the creepy, crazy doctor. Jess ends up drinking it thinking that it'll loosen up her character's mood. Of course it was drugged.
Trailers: (You should watch them because it's hard to explain)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPPdgBK3r8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4C4GK91nr0

4. Final Fantasy 13 - Currently playing through it still. The plot is pretty much garbage. Way too cliche. Battles are decently fun and the game looks beautiful. Full customization of any character is also a plus.

I've also been playing League of Legends quite a bit. I enjoy it and the extensive selection of good and fairly balanced characters makes it really fun. I'd never want to play it competitively though.

ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:42 pm

sippin on Demon's Souls. I heard that game was incredible, although having played King's Field (old game by same company) I can understand why some people might not like it as they are pretty unforgiving when it comes to their games. King's Field was slow paced although realtime and if you fuck up in battle you could easily die in under 5 seconds
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:28 pm

reserved reach today. shits going to be EIPC
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  ellis Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:41 am

So EIPC!

When's that come out anyway?

ellis

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:09 pm

anyone else getting reach at midnight?
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:53 pm

reach is sick
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:00 pm

narky wrote:reach is sick

love that swat is in the normal slayer lineup
also the cage blows

and the new BR (dmr i think) is sick, reminds me of pistol in halo 1
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:36 pm

just played some tonight, so fun

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:03 am

http://www.minecraft.net/

like video game legos. so addicting. I'm currently building a floating continent on a server
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  specialjack Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:10 pm

haha i almost started playing that. people post about it on reddit all the time, it was free for a little while but i missed the chance.

specialjack

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:50 pm

does anyone else think reach is kindof bad? it could have been so good, but has so many of the same problems as halo 3 and some worse. damn i wish they would put in some major patches but right now i just barely play because it isnt that fun.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:28 pm

narky wrote:does anyone else think reach is kindof bad? it could have been so good, but has so many of the same problems as halo 3 and some worse. damn i wish they would put in some major patches but right now i just barely play because it isnt that fun.

like what? I like it, games connect faster but there is still a problem with ppl dropping. ppl vote for swat waaay too much though. I like it but sometimes i just want some slayer. I've been busy with work and havent played much lately though
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 am

bad things:
the maps arent balanced and many encourage stupid standoffs
grenades are insane
melle system
bloom is retarded, encourages spamming and getting lucky
i like having the invis and camo sitting around the map and having to fight over the powerups instead of starting with them

good things:
the dmr and pistol without bloom are great
the sniper
armor abilities are fun

i just think with a patch and some new levels that the game could be sweet, but right now, especially just team slayer, i feel like the game is just so random
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:47 am

yea, im not a fan of most of the maps. I like Paradiso. whats wrong with bloom? it encourages ppl to not spam, ive gotten a lot of kills from just waiting a moment or two before shooting again. I mean, I do prefer call of duty style recoil but bloom is nice too. Melee is weaker than halo 3 btw and i kind of like it, double beatdowns happen less for me. If you time it right you can get the melee off first and finish them off with the second quicker than they can
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:21 pm

i think that the bloom encourages spamming. at least most of the shit i have read and most of the time i die (in a 1 on 1 dmr fight) is because they other guy just spams the shit out of it and gets lucky. i just think reach is too random right now.
dont get me wrong, i like that the melle is not as easy to land as it was in three, but it makes no sense for a melle to do the same damage to someone at half shields as at full shields.
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:01 pm

still dont really see how that encourages spamming. I think you're mistaking creating the notion of spamming in the game with encouraging it. In Halo 3, spamming didn't exist because there was no difference between optimum play and spamming. Everybody pretty much fired as fast as possible. With bloom, there are now distinctions between someone who just shoots as fast as possible and someone who doesn't. Sure, a spammer is going to get random headshots but 7-8 times out of 10 someone with good bloom control is going to get the headshot first. Yea, it might ruin any perfections you're going for but to me the added element of randomness is better. IMO it makes the games a little more exciting knowing things won't always go according to plan, you might have to adjust tactics more than usual.

Honestly, I'd like the bloom to grow faster than it does now. The window between full bloom control, "optimum" bloom control (keeping the bloom low but not totally accurate), and no bloom control is a little small right now. I've started to get p good at adding the tiniest of delays to my later shots, first couple i still tend to fire asap. It seems to me that only tiny delays in shooting speed really make a difference, any slower and your opponent will get too many shots off to make it worth it and will probably get lucky or just get enough shots to kill you normally. It would be interesting to test spamming vs full accuracy and see what the winning ratio is, like play the warmup map and have them not strafe and just shoot. The ideal ratios to me would be optimum control > full control > spamming. This would all be at medium distances of course. Spamming wins close range and full wins long range

I spent way too long thinking about that >_>
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  narky Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:30 pm

i guess we just disagree. im fine with certain kinds of randomness, but what i like about halo is flanking and positioning and engaging and disengaging and fucking with the other team and having it be way more of a chess match. i dont like having to worry about a random nade killing me when i have literally been shot two times, or not winning a dmr fight because they spammed and got lucky/had a better connection which helps with the bloom.

also, minecraft anyone?
narky
narky

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:10 pm

You still do all that, at least i do

Minecraft is so addicting
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

video games Empty DotA 2

Post  Ramsus88 Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:56 pm

so Valve is making DotA "2" with the original developer. Basically going to be the same game as the first but with better graphics, better game engine, better matchmaking, etc etc. And some sort of interactive guide system for n00bs (like me) who don't know where to start with learning DotA. Same heroes and same abilities and items. Hopefully they'll add more stuff in the future (I'm sure they will, they're valve) but it looks like right now they just want to do a faithful port with everything supporting what made ppl love the first one so much

http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/10/13/dota-2-announced-details.aspx
watch out, site may be running really slow. At least it did when I checked it
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

video games Empty is it different

Post  jaingo Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:40 am

or going to be better than LoL? I think it would be tough - i find lol way more fun.
jaingo
jaingo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsus88 Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:21 pm

dunno, didn't really play dota or lol. i hear LoL has balance issues at higher lvls of skill. Also DotA has like a million heroes and is an already well made and respected game. I have a feeling DotA 2 will stomp LoL except for the fast that LoL is free. I mean, steam is the perfect place for DotA 2
Ramsus88
Ramsus88

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next